Wednesday 5 June 2013

Wayne's World Musical Interlude

So I watched Wayne's World for the first time the other day and this post is inspired by this film and its music.

First off, the film was pretty good. Despite being fairly old now (made in '92) it seems to have stood the test of time.
Apparently coming from a Saturday Night Live sketch you can clearly see the now classic Mike Myers humour in there and where it has come from. Like the subtitles seen that must have developed into the Austin Powers 'massive rodent problem' scene in Goldmember.

As for the music I first felt compelled to watch Wayne's World after seeing the advert featuring the Bohemian Rhapsody scene and realising I had never seen this film before! It makes me want to buy an old car that still has a cassette player so I can listen to Queen and live out this scene. My favourite part is when they pick up their 'partied out' friend who looks like he's about to hurl the whole way through the film, oh and Queen of course.


If that wasn't enough there is also this little scene with Garth singing Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady which I also enjoy a lot! [Please ignore the French before/after the clip, all the English versions of youtube seem to be terrible quality.]

No comments:

Post a Comment