Saturday 1 June 2013

Song of the Week - 01/06/13 - Deap Vally - Baby I Call Hell

Deap Vally - Baby I Call Hell

I came across this song last night on the Jools Holland show. It was completely by chance, since it was a show line-up that I wasn't too optimistic about and hadn't really intended to watch. But nonetheless I caught the second half of the show on the off chance and I was really impressed by this group in particular.

They combine a rich bluesy sound with a deep bass guitar and vintage rock  Iggy Pop-esque vocals. There are similarities with the vocalist Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and the overall sound the duo is very reminiscent of The White Stripes.

This is one band that definitely surprised me and is one up and coming artist to watch. Check them out if you are going to Reading or Leeds Festival this year.


[Sources - Wikipedia, Youtube, Spotify, Last.fm]

No comments:

Post a Comment